Saturday 11 August 2012

Carry On Tuesday # 168

We Brits always have the impression that everything is bigger in the US! But when I was going through the lyrics to the song that's provided this weeks prompt, I realised (realized) that it's not the case when it comes to words! I copied and pasted the lyrics from a US web site and my British spell-checker went mad. For instance I spell favourite with 9 letters, but across the pond it comes in a smaller size with just 8. Then coloured 8, colored 7! The same thing applies to so many words, that I reckon a book translated from American to English would be a darn sight bigger! 


This week we are turning to The Sound of Music for our prompt. 

These are a few of my favourite things

Use as much or as little of the line as you wish then hand your URL over to Mister Linky. Don't forget to take a look at your fellow scribe's takes on the prompt as well.

To remind yourself of the lyrics and to see Julie Andrews in a clip from the film go to Carry On Tuesday Plus

10 comments:

  1. I'll probably go to Hell for this one but...pffft!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looove The Sound of Music! It's one of my "happy movies", which I watch when I just need a lift. Great prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't stop singing that now Keith!~! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for keeping us carryin' on, Keith!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to be a part of the process.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sorry for being off topic, but I wanted to stop by, say hi, and share my latest philosophical poetic ramblings...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Took me a while to find something this week

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did not use the whole line this time, but I think I was true to the spirit of the prompt. Thank you for sharing it, Keith.
    http://hopefuljo.wordpress.com/2012/08/14/365-creativity-project-day-218/

    ReplyDelete
  10. i kind of made fun of myself this week. {smile}

    ReplyDelete